What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reivel Kuchen


Ingredients:
Base:
1 egg
3 T. sugar
pinch of baking powder
just enough flour to make thin paste
Topping:
5 T. brown sugar
5 T. white sugar
3/4 c. flour
3 T. shortening

Recipe:
1. Mix fruit of choice with first 4 ingredients.
2. Mix the remainder of the ingredients in a separate bowl with fork or pastry cutter.
3. Place fruit mixture on top of bread dough. Sprinkle with topping mixture and dust with cinnamon. *
4. Bake at 350-degrees for 30 mintes.
* I used the other half of pizza dough from here.

Rating: 4 of 5

I am biased though. This is the stuff my grandmas would make when we came to visit. I love the clumps of brown sugar and cinnamon on top. And peach is my absolute favorite!

Source: My Grandmas Norton and Lenhart. Two of the best cooks of all time!

1 comment: