What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hawaiian Haystacks


Ingredients:
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth *
3 c. cooked, cubed chicken
steamed rice
* I just made 1 c. of chicken broth with a bouillon cube.
Toppings:
Chow mein noodles
pineapple chunks or tidbits
cheese
oranges
green onions, diced
peanuts
green pepper, diced
Recipe:
1. Mix soups together and simmer.
2. Add chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Ladle chicken sauce over rice and add toppings.
Rating: 4 of 5
Either this was really good or we just haven't had haystacks in years! We added some extras to the toppings, like cilantro (WAY good) and red peppers. Super good and felt really good to eat after an intense workout. You know how after working out you don't want any thing heavy? Well, this is dense, but not heavy.
Source: Somewhere off the web. I don't have it written down because I looked it up on the ipad.

No comments:

Post a Comment