What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. imported Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 c. imported Romano cheese, grated
6 egg yolks from fresh jumbo eggs
salt and black pepper to taste

Recipe:
1. Heat milk and cram in a heavy bottom saucepan until it begins to simmer. Turn off heat. Slowly whip in cheese, then remove from heat.
2. Place egg yolks in a separate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture. Slowly add egg yolk mixture back into remaining cream mixture. Place back on very low heat and continually stir until simmering. Take sauce off heat so it thickens. (This will increase temperature of egg yolks, known as tempering.)
3. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve over your favorite pasta.

Rating: 2.5 of 5

I don't mean to slam OG's alfredo sauce. In all honesty, I LOVE their stuff....in-restaraunt. For some reason, this recipe tasted way off, and way bland. If it comes down to making alfredo at home, which it does all the time because I can't stand canned/jarred alfredo, then I'm going to have to stick by the usual: Michelle's Alfredo Sauce


Source: Olive Garden, Alfredo Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment