What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. flour
1 c. milk. Will add up to 2 cups more as it cooks
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese

Recipe:
1. Combine butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat until they combine to a ball.
2. Add milk, bouillon, garlic, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Stir constantly with a wire whisk until flour and butter are smooth.
3. Continue adding milk until the sauce is desired consistency. Check spices as well.
4. TASTE, then add more salt, pepper, garlic and Parmesan if needed due to increase in milk.


Rating: 4 of 5
I love this recipe. I love that it's so easy, that all the ingredients are on hand, that it's a little different every time, and that it goes well with so many dishes. My favorite way to have it: dipping sauce for Amy Merrill's Bread sticks. Which reminds me, I need to cook those soon and add it to the database because those are good. Anyways, versatile and quick. Love it!

Source: Michelle Knebel

No comments:

Post a Comment