What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chicken Corn Quesadillas

Now that I am back in town, I decided to get creative and have an experiment night tonight.
Ingredients:
1 can corn, drained
1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
1 shake of coriander seed
a small handful of dried chopped onion
a small drizzle of olive oil
shredded chedder and mozzerella cheese
tortillas
Recipe:
1. Combine corn, chicken, coriander, onion, and olive oil in a saucepan and sautee. Some pieces of the corn should be browned, but not too much.
2. Thrown the corn-chicken mix and cheese between two tortillas in a pan. Cook until cheese is melted to make a quesadilla.
Rating: 4 of 5
I was loving this tonight. It's got good flavor, thanks to the onion, and is just sweet enough, thanks to the olive oil. I felt so, so, so stuffed after eating a whole one of these. I'll have to see how LaDon likes it when he's around. Ally liked the corn and chicken mixture so that is always a plus!! I'm thinkin' next time I'll make some kind of green chili sauce or some kind of tomatillo sauce to dip in or serve over it.....that could be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment