What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Outback Steakhouse's Steak Seasoning



Ingredients:
2 teaspoons
Salt
1 teaspoon
Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Freshly-ground
black pepper
1/4 teaspoon
Onion powder *
1/4 teaspoon
Garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon
Cayenne pepper **
1 dash
Coriander
1 dash
Turmeric ***
* I didn't have onion powder so I just took dried chopped onion and ground it to a powder.
** I didn't have cayenne pepper so I used chili powder instead and halfed it.
*** I didn't have turmeric, so I didn't substitute it at all.

Recipe:
1. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. To prepare steaks with this seasoning: Preheat a flat grill or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle some of the seasoning blend over both sides of each cut of beef. *
3. Grill the steaks on each side to your desired level of doneness. Be sure to use tongs to sear all the edges of each steak to a rich brown color. **

* I rubbed each side of the steak with olive oil and then srinkled the seasoning. I then seared the meat on both sides for 1-2 minutes.
** I actually cooked the steaks in the oven after searing them. The oven was at 500 and I had them in for about 5 minutes.
Rating: 4.75 of 5
Yeah, they were that good. So good, we almost didn't use A1 sauce.

1 comment: