What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Rosemary and Lemon Chicken

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, in bone without skin *
14 asparagus spears **
1 lemon, cut into 5 rinds
2 4-inch Rosemary springs
2 T. olive oil
3 T. butter
1/2 c. chicken or vegetable stock
salt and pepper

* I never had chicken in bone, so I just used 3 medium sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
** I didn't have any asparagus on hand, so we just went without (SO sad. I love asparagus!)

Recipe: (it's kind of unclear so I added what I think should be done)
1. In a small pan, melt the butter in the boil with the rosemary and lemon. *
2. Over low heat, cook the seasoned chicken breasts for about 50 minutes (until done), covered. **
3. Turn a few times, to cook well on both sides.
4. You may need to add a few pours of stock, only if necessary, to create a bit of a sauce for the chicken to cook in. ***
5. After the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan onto a plate and cover with foil. Let it rest.
6. Cook the asparagus in the leftover sauce.
7. Serve.

* I poured the olive oil into a pie plate and added salt and pepper to it. I then rolled the chicken in it until it was completely covered in the oil, salt, and pepper.
** I added the chicken stock to the rosemary and lemons and stirred that all together. Then I added the chicken. I brought the whole things to a boil and then turned it down and let it simmer until the chicken was cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
*** I took the chicken, rosemary, and lemons out, and then added about a 1/2 c. milk and 1 T. flour to the stock left in the pan until it boiled for a few minutes to make a thicker and slightly more creamy sauce to put on the chicken. If I had the asparagus, I would have done this after I had cooked the asparagus.

Rating: 3 of 5
This one is okay. Not great. I think it would be a lot better if you just juiced the lemon instead of slicing it into rinds. The rind-y taste was too strong for my liking. The sauce turned out great and was really good over rice. Easy recipe, short ingredients list, and almost so delicious. Next time.

Source: shopcookmake.blogspot.com, Rosemary and Lemon Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment