What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, February 3, 2012

Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken

I'm pretty much failing at taking pictures. I just get so excited to taste the food that I forget to snap one!
Ingredients:
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, defrosted *
1 24-oz. jar medium or milk salsa
juice of one lime
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped**
1 package taco seasoning
2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional)

*which, of course, I just threw in frozen
** we love cilantro so I put in about 1/2 c.

Recipe:
1. In a slow cooker, mix together salsa, lime, cilantro, taco seasoning, peppers.
2. Add chicken and coat with salsa mixture.
3. Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
4. Serve as a whole breast, or shred and serve in tacos.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
This is a pretty average dish. It's not bad, but it didn't blow our socks off like I thought it might. We ate it shredded in tortillas. If you eat it with fresh cilantro, then it begins to rise to the "knock your socks off" levels. It was super easy though. So, you can't really taste the lime or the cilantro, and the taco seasoning taste is low too. Basically, you could really taste the salsa. I think next time I would double the lime and cilantro.

Source: PipandEbby.com, Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken


No comments:

Post a Comment