What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Navajo Taco Meat

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion
1 can chili beans with sauce
1/2 can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 pkt. of taco seasoning

Recipe:
1. Brown the beef and add onions.
2. Drain the fat off. I do this by placing the meat in a strainer and then run it under hot water.
3. Add taco seasoning and stir around until meat is evenly coated.
4. Add chili beans and tomatoes. Let simmer for a few minutes.
5. Serve on Navajo fry bread.

Rating: 4 of 5
This was much closer to how I remember Navajo taco meat tasting. Everything, but the meat sauce, I used came from the previous Navajo Taco recipe posted.

Source: my own. Used what I had on hand in the cupboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment