What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Spinach-Berry Smoothie

Ingredients:
**The measurements are all guesses as I just throw stuff in as I go**
1 c. frozen mixed berries (I used the Costco kind with blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
1 banana
2-3 heaping handfuls of spinach
1 c. water

Recipe:
1. Throw it all in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Serve while it's still cold.

Rating: 4 of 5
Seeing as Ally is a terrible eater....as in, will only eat a few select dishes.....I decided we would try "green smoothies" to get her fruits and veggies in. And, guess what? This recipe worked. Of all the ingredients in this smoothie, she will only eat bananas willingly. So, I consider this a high success! That and it tastes pretty darn good. Definitely keeping this on the list of breakfast food for her.

Source: my own

No comments:

Post a Comment