What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Monday, May 28, 2012

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Ingredients:
1 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. black pepper
2-3 T cornstarch *
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. vinegar
1/2 c. chicken broth
3-4 T. ketchup
1 T soy sauce

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts


* I used minute tapioca instead. 

Recipe:
1. In a slow cooker, mix together all ingredients except the cornstarch and chicken. Stir until you have a smooth consistency.
2. Add chicken to slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
3. About 30 minutes before removing chicken and sauce from pot, remove chicken, shred, add tapioca and stir a few times, and replace chicken.
4. Serve over rice or in a tortilla with traditional toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, etc. *

* I actually ate mine over quinoa.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
So, even though this recipe isn't what the source has it down as, I thought it was pretty good. I wanted something easy, like a crock pot, and I think I got it. Daniel really liked. I'd make this one again.


Source: adapted from (I really wanted to make this, but use a crock pot) Get Off Your Butt and Bake, Sweet and Sour Chicken



No comments:

Post a Comment