What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Griddle Flat Bread


Ingredients:
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. ice water
3 T. shortening
2 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
pinch of baking soda

Recipe:
1. Combine dry ingredients together. Add in shortening and mix until the shortening has been crumbled.
2. Mix in water and form into a dough.
3. Cut into 4-6 equal pieces and roll out into a thin disk.
4. Prick the surface of the dough with a fork and cook on a hot griddle, 1-2 minutes per side. Turn with spatula. 

Rating: 3.5 of 5
I used this recipe to stand in as pita bread for dinner because I didn't have the 2.5 hours I needed. This recipe only took about 20 minutes, so it solved the time problem. I liked this bread a lot actually, the only thing I would change would be the salt content. It's presence was a little bit too noticeable for me. 

Source: About.com, Griddle Flat Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment