What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Creamy Enchiladas Verde


Ingredients:
1 can (10.5 oz.) Campbell's Condensed Creamy Chicken Verde Soup *
1/2 t. garlic powder **
1 1/2 c. chopped cooked chicken ***
2/3 c. shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese ****
8 corn tortillas (6-inch), warmed *****
1/4 c. milk
* I couldn't find this soup at the store, so I just used a can of Cream of Chicken soup and added a few spoonfuls of salsa. Wasn't green, but it worked.
** The only garlic powder I had was garlic powder with parsley.
*** I, of course, shredded it because that's my favorite way to eat chicken.
**** We never measure out the cheese. I put it on until it looks like it would satisfy.
***** I used flour(LaDon doesn't like corn), only 4 of them, and the big ones.
Oh and we garnished it with sour cream and tomatoes.
Recipe:
1. Stir 1/2 can of the soup, garlic powder, chicken, and 1/3 c. of the cheese in a medium bowl.
2. Spoon about 1/3 c. of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas and place them seam-side down in a 12x8x2-inch shallow baking dish.
3. Stir the remaining soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Top with the remaining cheese.
4. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbly.
Rating: 3.75 of 5
We liked this recipe even though in all honesty.....what I made wasn't the recipe at all. I should probably change the name to something like Creamy Chicken Salsa Enchiladas. It turned out well, we felt full, it was flavorful enough for us and went great with chocolate milk! I'll make this again, and possibly with the actually ingredients it calls for!
Source: Campbell's Cooking Companion, pg. 105

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so yummy right now! I think they quit making that Verde soup cause I haven't been able to buy it for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete