What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mom's Frosting

This isn't a new recipe, but I haven't been able to make it set up at all for several years until this weekend. The new thing I tried this week was just making a Jessie doll shaped cake.

(I think it looks like an elephant with earmuffs at this point!)
Ingredients:
2 lbs. powder sugar
1 c. crisco
1/2 c. water
1 T. vanilla

Recipe:
Cut crisco into powder sugar. Add water and vanilla. * Beat 15 minutes with mixer.
* I actually cut the crisco and vanilla together with the sugar. And then added the water by 1/8 c and beat it for a little bit until all water was added.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
Tastes like the frosting a grew up with!

1 comment:

  1. That's AMAZING!!!!! A cook and an artist. I'll bet Ally just loved it. And you made the frosting the right way. Ya add the water a little at a time and how much depends on how humid it is outside. Odd but true.

    ReplyDelete