What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweet Chicken


Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
vegetable oil
spoonful of white sugar
3-4 spoonfulls of brown sugar, split
4 shakes of chili powder, split
2 shakes of garlic powder
1 shake of Italian seasoning
1 shake of black pepper


Recipe:
Mix the ingredients together in a sauce pan. Add chicken and cook until chicken is white and juices run clear. Drain out the juices. Add the other half of brown sugar and chili powder. Let simmer 5 more minutes or so.

Remove from heat and shred.

Rating: 4 of 5
We really liked this chicken and the best part of it was that Ally liked it and ate it!! It's sweet with a little spicy kick. It went super well with the
Creamy Tomatillo Dressing~Cafe Rio Style. It was strong enough to be tasted amongst all the other things in the salad, but not so strong as to drown out the dressing taste. We will definitely be having this again!

Source: from the wanna-be-inventive side of my brain

1 comment: