What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

BJ's Chocolate Chunk Pizookie Copycat


Ingredients(for Chocolate Chunk):
2 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon beaten egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks



Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients for cookie of your choice up to, but not including, the flour, in a small bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth. Add flour and baking soda (plus oats and cinnamon if making the oatmeal raisin walnut cookie) and stir well by hand. Stir in remaining ingredients then press the dough into a small buttered pie pan, cake pan or 6-inch deep-dish pizza pan.
3. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until cookie begins to brown. Cool for a minute or so, add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, and serve.




Rating: 4.5 of 5
This recipe is pretty close to the pizookie that we love at BJ's. Lots of chocolate, not too sweet, and soft. So delicious. I don't have any ice cream in the house, but it's still so good without it!




Source: http://www.recipesecrets.net/forums/recipe-exchange/20316-bjs-restaurant-brewhouse-famous-pizookie.html (Also has recipes for other type of pizookie flavors if chocolate chunk isn't your thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment