What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Apricot Glazed Pork Roast

Ingredients:
1 10.5-oz can Campbell's Condensed Chicken Broth*
1 18-oz jar apricot preserves
2 T. Dijon-style mustard
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
3.5-4 lb boneless pork loin

* Didn't buy condensed chicken broth? Not a problem, just improvise. 10.5-oz transfers to 1 1/4 c. So, I did 1 1/4 c. water plus 2 1/2 T. of chicken bouillon. I have no idea if that is even a little bit right, but whatever!

Recipe:
1. Stir the broth, preserves, mustard and onion in a 3.5-quart slow cooker. Cut the pork to fit. Add the pork to cooker and turn to coat with the broth mixture.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours* or until the meat is fork-tender.
3. Remove the roast from the cooker to a cutting board and let it stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice the roast and arrange on a serving platter. Pour the juices from the cooker into a gravy boat and serve with the roast.

*Or HIGH for 4-5 hours. This is what I almost always do with slow cooker recipes.

Rating: 4 of 5
I thought this was divine! LaDon's not such a huge fan of the "citrus-y" taste (although I don't think it tastes like that). For all those non-ham lovers, I think this would be a perfect meat dish for Easter Sunday. Ally also liked it, Daniel thought it was fun to play with.

Source: Campbell's Cooking Companion, pg. 180

No comments:

Post a Comment