What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Monday, June 13, 2011

Aimee's Quick Chicken

I didn't take a picture of this one, but LaDon's comment of "this looks crazy" should sum it up.

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 oz. prepared Dijon-style mustard
1/4 c. teriyaki sauce *
1/4 c. bacon bits
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

* I didn't have any teriyaki sauce on hand so I made a substitute teriyaki sauce of 1/4 c. soy sauce, 1/4 c. sugar, 1/4 t. ginger, and 1/4 t. garlic powder.

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread mustard evenly over chicken and pour teriyaki sauce evenly over all. Sprinkle with bacon bits and cover with cheese.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.

Rating: 2.75 of 5
So, this wasn't gross, but it wasn't good. It was just weird. It's just a really weird combination of tastes. And I like all of the ingredients it calls for. I won't make this again, and not because it didn't taste good...just because it was different. A little too different and not worth the effort of trying to adjust to the taste. It's funny to me that in the recipe book it got 4 of 5 stars.....weird.

Source: AllRecipes: Dinner Tonight, pg. 133.

No comments:

Post a Comment