What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, June 30, 2011

French Toast Casserole

Ingredients:
1 loaf (16 oz) Cinnamon Swirl Bread, cut into cubes
6 eggs, beaten
3 c. milk
2 t. vanilla extract
Confectioners' sugar (aka: powdered sugar)
Maple syrup


Recipe:
1. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Put the bread in the dish.
2. Beat the eggs, milk and vanilla with a whisk in a large bowl. Pour over the bread. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
3. Uncover the dish. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Sift the sugar through a sieve over the top. Serve with maple syrup, in desired.


Rating: .1 of 5
Not even kidding, it was that bad. I should have realized as I was making/reading the recipe that all those eggs poured over it was going to make a mushy type bread pudding thing. Gross. We don't do mushy in our house. I've never cooked something that smelled so delicious while baking come out tasting like slightly cinnamon-y flavored baby rice cereal. If you don't like mush, the DO NOT make this!

Source: Campbell's Cooking Companion, pg. 75

No comments:

Post a Comment