What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, July 9, 2010

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

(It may not looked completely cooked, but it is!)
Ingredients: *
1 can (1o.75 oz) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
3/4 c. milk
1/8 t. ground black pepper
1 c. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
2 cans (4.5 oz each) Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken Breast, drained**
1 c. all-purpose baking mix***
1 egg
*I doubled the entire filling part of the recipe. Glad I did too.
**I used canned chicken as well as frozen chicken shredded.
***Opps! Used flour instead of baking mix. Don't do that!
Recipe:
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Stir the soup, 1/4 c. milk, black pepper, vegetables and chicken in a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Stir together the baking mix, egg, and the remaining milk with a fork in a small bowl until the ingredients are mixed. Spoon over the chicken mixture.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and topping is golden.
Rating: 2 of 5
Not my favorite, but I did mess up the topping since I used all purpose baking flour and not mix (easy to misread that when skimming). It's a little bit of a bland dish. I think it would be better with some other spice or maybe cream of chicken soup instead. I think a non-sweet pie crust recipe wouldn't be too bad as the topping either. The good thing is that the sister missionaries are my guinea pigs and ate it....and liked it enough to have more than one helping.
Source: Campbell's Cooking Companion pg. 197

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty low fat which is cool. This is basically "Bisquit Leftovers" that I make. Instead of soup I use gravy...not so low fat.

    ReplyDelete