What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chicken Squares

I've had a lot of people think these are the same as chicken pillows. They are not, but after all the talk about chicken pillows, I just may have to make them!
Ingredients:
3 oz. cream cheese *
3 T. butter, melted
2 c. chicken, cubed and cooked **
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
2 T. milk
1 T. chopped onions ***
1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
* I use 8 oz.
** I like to shred the chicken, or just canned chicken
***I like to use dried chopped onion and reduce the amount to about 1/2.
Recipe:
In a saucepan blend cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Divide rolls into 4 squares by combining two crescents together and pressing the edges together. Spoon serving of meat mixture into center of each square. Fold and firmly press corners to seal. Bake on ungreased sheet according to Pillsbury package directions (generally 375 for 11-13 minutes).
Rating: 4.5 of 5
Well, this recipe isn't new at all. It's just our favorite. We love it. I discovered a few weeks ago, that you can form the squares and keep them in the fridge until ready to cook. Easy way to take dinner to someone and have hot food still!
Source: cook book with family recipes

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Haven't made those in a while...maybe dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya know what I started doing with those?? I actually started making 8 instead of 4 out of the rolls, but placing the filling at the top of the triangle roll and then rolling it up!so basically just using one triangle per "chicken square. So I guess they are just...chicken triangles??haha. It doesn't "cover" all of the filling, but it still cooks well and you can get more bang for your buck. I also crushed some ritz crackers and covered the chicken squares in that to make the crunch factor. It's awesome either way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made this and loved it! Jayce and I hope all is well with the Linde's!

    ReplyDelete