What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Recipe A Chicken Wings

Sorry! No picture! I totally spaced it!

Ingredients:
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. honey
1/3 c. hot sauce (like Texas Pete's or the likes)
chicken wings

* I love the hot spicy kick to wings, so I think next time I will decrease the soy sauce element just a little. And, I think I will also toss the wings in flour, just lightly, before dousing them in the sauce mixture. I don't know if that would work, but whatever!

Recipe: (are you ready for very simple wings?)
1. Mix the above ingredients together.
2. Dip the wings in the sauce.
3. Lay out the sauce covered wings on a baking sheet (easier clean up if covered with foil) and throw them in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 400-degrees.

Rating: 4.8 of 5
LaDon and Ally loved these! Talk about vacuum sounds and bone crunching. I, unfortunately, have this weird thing with raw meat. After making them, I couldn't look past the sauce and eat them. (Meatloaf is similar in this way. I love it, but I have a hard time eating it when I know that I was just mushing it all together.) Which, is a huge bummer because the sauce smelled and tasted wonderfully! I think the only way I will be able to eat homemade chicken wings is if someone else makes them for me....which LaDon volunteered to the next time their on the menu :) Lovely husband. I thought the juices from the chicken ran some of the sauce off, so I ended up re-coating about halfway through cooking time. I can't wait to try these again and see how they turn out!

Source: my mother! There is a recipe B, but we just went with A this week. In my childhood memory, both are excellent.

1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness! I forgot about Recipe A and Recipe B!! Totally forgot! I know how you feel about raw meet and what not. We were given venison from a friend and it's a really nice lean tender meat but I could not get over all of it's blood and how it looked and smelled and I just couldn't eat it cooked!

    ReplyDelete