What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Best Cocoa Brownies

Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter
1 1/4 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. baking powder

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
2. Melt 1/2 c. butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. *
3. Gently stir in 1/3 c. cocoa, 1/2 c. flour, salt and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 28-30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before cutting.

*I melted my butter in the microwave and then poured it into the mixing bowl. Faster.

Rating: 4 of 5
As far as ease it's concerned, it's a 5. Such an easy recipe. It makes for a crispy outside and warm, ooey gooey inside. I didn't cook mine long enough (my oven tends to be on the warmer side of things) which caused an under-cooked middle (and I tend to not do the toothpick test!). So so so good and will definitely be making these again!

Source: The Comfort of Cooking, Best Cocoa Brownies




No comments:

Post a Comment