What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

Ingredients:
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained (aka: green chilies and tomatoes)
1 t. cumin
1 T. chili powder *
1 t. onion powder
1 8-oz pkg. light cream cheese
2 chicken breasts

* I thought the whole T. was a little too much heat for me, so next time I will only use 1/2 T.

Recipe:
1. Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of slow cooker pot. Pour on can of corn, Rotel, and black beans.
2. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together.
3. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low 6-8 hours.
4. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.

Rating: 4.5 of 5
A bit spicy for my taste with the whole tablespoon of chili powder, but that's easily fixed. We really liked this chili. I don't really have much to say about it other than it was a creamy version of the Chicken Tortilla Soup, which is one of our all time favorite soups. And, I do think this soup would be good topped with some chopped cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment