What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, July 6, 2012

Hummus and Cucumber Tomato Salad Stuffed Pita


Ingredients:
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. freshly squeezed lemon juice *
1/2 - 1/4 t. salt, depending on taste **
1/8 t. cracked black pepper
2 medium roma tomatoes, diced ***
1 cucumber, peeled and diced ****
1/4 c. red onion, thinly sliced *****
1 c. hummus

* I was totally not paying attention and put in lime juice rather than lemon.
** I did just under 1/4 t.
*** I used about 12 grape tomatoes
**** I used half of a large cucumber
*****Completely spaced getting some red onion so I just used dried chopped onion

Recipe:
1. In a medium bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add in tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion, toss to coat.
2. Open each pita pocket carefully and spread 1/4 c. hummus in each pocket and stuff in some of the cucumber mixture using a slotted spoon. Serve any remaining cucumber and tomato salad on the side.

Rating: 3.75 of 5
I would, by myself, actually rate this a little higher, but I don't think that LaDon would. Loved the garlicky hummus with the salad. Felt so light and fresh together. I'm sure lemon juice would be delicious, but I loved the lime in there! I actually liked it so much the way I made it, I don't think I'll add red onion in next time.

Source: Simply Fresh Cooking, Hummus and Cucumber Tomato Salad Stuffed Pita

No comments:

Post a Comment