What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bow Ties with Sausage, Tomatoes, and Cream

Ingredients:
1 12-oz package bow tie pasta
2 T. olive oil *
1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled **
1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 c. diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 28-oz can Italian-style plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped ***
1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 t. salt
3 T. minced fresh parsley

* I didn't use the olive oil at all.
** I just bought a package of Italian sausage, browned and drained it.
*** Bought a can of Italian-style diced tomatoes and didn't drain.

Recipe:
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is evenly browned. Stir in onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Stir cooked pasta into sauce and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.

Rating: 4.5 of 5
We loved it! The red pepper adds a nice little kick. The cream sauce is perfect. It's just really good. And best of all, it's served with "butterfly noodles."

Source: AllRecipes: Dinner Tonight, p. 186

No comments:

Post a Comment