What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hot Fudge Sauce

Ingredients:
1 c. butter
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 c. white sugar
1 12-oz. can evaporated milk
1 t. vanilla extract

Recipe:
1. Combine butter, cocoa, sugar, and evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and boil for 7 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
3. Carefully pour hot mixture into a blender and blend for 2-4 minutes. Serve immediately and store any leftovers in refrigerator.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
This was a pretty good recipe. I liked it a lot, I just didn't think it was thick enough. Definitely only good when warm. But, I think I might have a high standard for hot fudge sauce.

Source: AllRecipes: Dinner Tonight, pg. 27

No comments:

Post a Comment