What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Alienated Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:
2 c. fresh blueberries
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. all-purpose flour
4 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/4 c. margarine
1 1/2 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. milk

Recipe:
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees. Grease muffin tins, or line cups with paper liners.
2. Sprinkle 1/4 c. flour over blueberries, and stir to coat berries thoroughly. (This step helps prevent the fruit from sinking with baking)
3. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 c. flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a large bowl, cream margarine, and gradually mix in sugar. Beat eggs, and stir into creamed mixture along with vanilla. Stir in milk alternately with flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Fold in berries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.

Rating: 2 of 5
Honestly, I think these muffins should be called blueberry cupcakes. The batter bakes into a really fluffy moist bread. More like cupcakes rather than muffins. Also, these don't freeze well at all. I really like the Breakfast Muffin recipe much better.

Source: AllRecipes iPad app

No comments:

Post a Comment