What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Breakfast Muffins

Ingredients:
1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/3 c. white sugar
2 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. milk
1 egg
1/3 c. butter, melted
1-2 t. vanilla *
1 c. fresh blueberries or other fruit, or chocolate chips (rinse and coat with flour to prevent sinking while cooking) **

*I added the vanilla to this recipe and I think it makes a subtle, but important difference.
** I really like loaded muffins so I add 2 c. of blueberries or whatever other fruit.

Recipe:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add milk, egg, butter, and vanilla; mix until ingredients are moistened, do not overbeat.
3. Stir in fresh fruit. Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly touched.

Rating: 4 of 5
This is my favorite muffin recipe so far. Quick and easy. Little mess and tasty. And they freeze great! Daniel loves blueberry muffins so this is the perfect breakfast and snack for him!

Source: AllRecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment