What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, September 23, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
1 c. dried Italian-style bread crumbs
3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick) center-cut pork loin chops
salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 T. olive oil
lemon wedges, for serving

Recipe:
1. Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend.
2. Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate.
3. Place the cheese in a third pie plate.
4. Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere.
5. Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere.
6. Heat 3 T. of oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops, in batching if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side.
7. Transfer the chops to plates and serve with lemon wedges.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
This recipe really wasn't bad, the meat was just really dry. LaDon liked it more than I did, but I am really critical of some of the new recipes that I cook. I did like the crispiness of the outsides of the pork. I actually threw the pork into the oven for a little bit to make sure the inside was done (I am a WAY paranoid cook when it come to meat). I think if I hadn't put the pork in the oven then it wouldn't have been as dry which means it would have been awesome. I will try this recipe again.

Source: Foodnetwork.com, Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

No comments:

Post a Comment