What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Steak Rub

Ingredients:
4 1/2 t. kosher salt
2 T. black pepper
2 T. paprika
1 T. onion powder
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. dried oregano
2 t. cumin

Recipe:
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well blended.
2. Rub the seasoning blend on steak and grill.

Rating: 3 of 5
I liked this seasoning better than the Outback Steakhouse Seasoning, but LaDon likes the other seasoning better. In all honesty, they are really similar. I halved the recipe (except for the salt, I forgot) and I think if I hadn't forgotten to cut the salt in half it would have tasted so similar that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment