What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oven Roasted Asparagus

Ingredients:
1 bunch thing asparagus spears, trimmed
3 T. olive oil
1 1/2 T. Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t. sea salt *
1/2 t. ground black pepper

* I didn't have sea salt so I used kosher salt

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place the asparagus in a mixing bowl, and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with the remaining ingredients. Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer.
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tender. If desired, sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.

Rating: 3 of 5
I actually thought this was a pretty good recipe. The only downer is that I wasn't paying attention to how the "tenderness" was coming along and over cooked. Rather than nice tender asparagus we enjoyed asparagus french fries. Pretty good still. I'd probably choose this recipe over the Garlicky Roasted Asparagus recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment