What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Royal Icing

Ingredients:
3 3/4 c. powdered sugar, sifted in lumpy
1 to 2 large egg whites, or substitute 4 t. packaged egg whites and 1/4 c. water
1 t. almond extract, vanilla, or lemon juice

Recipe:
1. Mix all of the ingredients together using an electric hand mixer, until the icing is smooth and thing enough to be pressed through a pastry bag with a writing tip. Add more lemon juice, etc., if necessary.

Rating: 4 of 5
I didn't taste it. Raw eggs...not my thing. Maybe it's not supposed to be eaten. I don't know. But, it is fantastic glue! Used it with our gingerbread Nativity stable. Holds together really well.

Source: Foodnetwork.com, Royal Icing

No comments:

Post a Comment