What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Snickerdoodles


Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. cream of tartar
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 T. sugar
1 t. ground cinnamon

Recipe:
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1 cup sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.
3. Cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
4. Combine the 2 T. sugar and the cinnamon.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture to coat. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake in a 375 oven for 10-11 minutes or until edges are golden. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.

Rating: 5 of 5
Snickerdoodles aren't everyone's cookie, but it is mine. I LOVE these and this recipe is pretty amazing! Soft, sweet, and easy. Love them!

Source: Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book, pg. 216

No comments:

Post a Comment