What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Teriyaki

Ingredients:
1 c. soy sauce
1 c. white sugar
1 t. ginger
1 t. garlic powder
a few pounds of beef such as stew bits, beef tip, or 1-inch cubes of steak

Recipe:
1. Mix all ingredients, except meat, in a large or medium bowl.
2. Place meat in bowl. Stir a few times so that all meat gets exposed to mixture. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, or over night. Every few hours, stir the meat/marinade mixture.
3. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. On a skillet or frying pan, cook meat on medium heat until center is no longer pink. Place cooked meat in a jelly roll in the oven to keep warm until the remaining meat is done.
OR
Skewer meat on moist sticks and cook on a grill (don't ask me how long because I have no idea. I've only ever cooked it inside.)
4. Skewer it or serve on hot rice.

Rating: 4.5 of 5
This recipe is great, but if you don't get good meat it can be a flop. I really like it with more tender meat, but tougher meat is fine too. It's easy and savory.

Source: my mom

No comments:

Post a Comment