What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix

Ingredients:
2 T. dried parsley
1 t. dried dill
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1/2 t. dried basil
1/2 t. pepper

Recipe:
1. Add each of the dried spices to a bowl and gently stir.
2. Store in a resealable plastic bag or small canning jar with tight fitting lid.
3. To make the ranch dressing, whisk together 1/3 c. mayonnaise with 1/4 c. milk and 1 T. of the homemade ranch dressing seasoning mix. (Makes about 4 T. of dressing)
4. Season with salt, to taste.
5. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Rating: 3 of 5
So, this rating is not a full-on rating. I used the dry mix in a crock pot recipe, so I'm not sure if it tastes like Ranch dressing or not when it's all put together. But, it did smell like it! One thing that I think I'll do differently next time is crush up the parsley even more. 

Source: $5 Dinners, Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix


No comments:

Post a Comment