What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Corn, Black Bean, Avocado, and Tomato Salad

Ingredients:

1 7-10 oz. package grape tomatoes, chopped *
1 avocado

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
2 1/2 T olive oil
1 T. red wine vinegar **
juice from 1 small lime
3/4 t. sea salt
1/2 t. coarse black pepper

*I just used a few Romas
** I'm just now realizing that I never put this in! I love red wine vinegar too!

Recipe:
1. Toss chopped avocado with juice from 1 small lime.
2. In a large bowl, combine avocado, grape tomatoes, black beans, corn and cilantro.
3. Stir in olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
4. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
Obviously, it's a super easy recipe to throw together. I have to say, when I made this, I thought it was fine, but it didn't wow me at all. But, typing up the recipe, I realized that I totally skipped the red wine vinegar. So, I'm sure with the vinegar in there it would have added that little extra something I was looking for.



No comments:

Post a Comment