What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cheesy Garlic Bread Swirls

Ingredients:
Bread Dough:
1 T. yeast
1 1/2 c. warm water
1 1/2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
4-5 1/2 c. flour
3 T. vegetable oil
1 egg yolk

Garlic Butter:
1/2 c. of real butter

shredded mozzarella cheese

Recipe:
1. Combine yeast, water, and sugar in large mixing bowl and allow to stand 10 minutes or until bubbly.
2. Add salt, vegetable oil, and egg yolk and combine. Add 3 c. flour and mix well until combined. Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough that barely sticks to your finger.
3. Knead, either by hand or in mixer for another 2-3 minutes. Cover and allow to rise 1 hour.
4. While dough is rising, combine butter and garlic bread seasoning. Set aside.
5. Roll dough into a rectangle that's about 18-20 inches by 6 inches. Smear garlic butter over the entire surface of the dough and then sprinkle with cheese.
6. Roll up jelly-roll style and then use dental floss to cut into 12 equal slices. Place each slice in a muffin tin. Cover with a clean cloth. Preheat oven to 350 and allow rolls to rise while the oven is heating.
7. When the oven is ready, bake for 18-22 minutes. When you notice the cheese getting brown, place a sheet of aluminum foil over the rolls. This will keep the cheese from burning although it will get pretty brown on top.

Rating: 3.5 of 5
I really liked these, but because I made them so long ago and can't remember exactly what it was that I did and did not like, I'm afraid to give them a higher rating. Guess I'll have to make them again! With that being said, I really did like the cheesy mess between each layer of bread and I did like the seasoning. I made these for the missionaries one night and our newest Elder declared that "[they were] the best rolls [he's] ever had!" So, they must be good, right?


Source: Our Best Bites, Cheesy Garlic Bread Swirls

No comments:

Post a Comment