What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Best Burger Ever with Secret Sauce

Ingredients:
Burger:
2 lbs. ground beef, 85/15
1/2 c. grated Monterrey jack cheese
1/4 c. BBQ sauce
season salt, to taste
cracked black pepper
onion powder

Secret Sauce:
3/4 c. mayo
1/4 c. ketchup
1/4 c. relish
2 T. Worcestershire

seasoned salt

hamburger buns

cheese slices
lettuce
avocado
tomato
other hamburger toppings

Recipe:
1. Combine the ground beef, grated cheese, BBQ sauce, and seasonings. Shape patties that are about 1-inch thick.
2. Then is it very important to push a 1/2 inch indent into the center of the patty - this is what prevents the patty from becoming a dome. These burgers stay extra moist because the BBQ sauce and cheese are mixed in with the meat.
3. Wait for the skillet to get super hot and then apply a very thin layer of butter to the pan. Place the patties on the pan, indent side up.
4. Reduce heat to medium and allow patty to cook for about 4-6 minutes, but make sure it doesn't burn. Then flip the burger over and cook until done.
5. For the sauce: combine all ingredients and whisk until well mixed. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking.
6. Assemble the burgers and serve with toppings.

Rating: 3 of 5
I actually wasn't that impressed with this burger recipe. It could be because we had the most amazing burgers the week before, so expectations were a little skewed. But, yes, these burger were juicy, and had pretty good flavor. One thing that drove me nuts about this recipe is that there was no specific measurement for some of the ingredients. It's not that big of a deal, but it is helpful.


Source: Little Miss Momma, Best Burger Recipe Ever with Secret Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment