What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

No-Fry Fries

Ingredients:
2 large russet potatoes, peeled
2 T. olive oil
3/4 t. coarse sea salt

Recipe:
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut potatoes in half horizontally; cut each half into 1/3-inch thick fries and place in a bowl of cold water.
3. Remove from water and dry thoroughly. Toss with oil and sprinkle with salt.
4. Place fries on a cookie sheet. Roast until browned and cooked through, turning occasionally, 25 minutes.

Rating: 4 of 5
I thought these were fine, but not amazing. LaDon, on the other hand, could not get enough of them. It's a super easy fry recipe and the results are better than others I have tried. And, they are really, really good with ranch. 


Source: Self, No-Fry Fries


No comments:

Post a Comment