What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:
1/3 c. honey
1/4 c. lime juice
1 T. chili powder
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
8-10 flour tortillas
1 lb. Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
2 c. green enchilada sauce *
1/2 c. heavy cream **

* I didn't have green enchilada sauce, so I used green salsa.
** Didn't have any heavy cream on hand, so I combined milk and melted butter

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder together and toss with the shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour.
3. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour enough enchilada sauce on the bottom of pan to create a thing layer on the bottom.
4. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and a generous amount of shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
5. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the heavy cream and leftover marinade. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and top with reserved cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top. 

Rating: 4 of 5
These were pretty good. LaDon said they were the best enchiladas he's had to date....of course, that could be because he has a love affair with cheese and there is a LOT of cheese in this dish. I thought the taste was different, but good. The honey and lime weren't super strong, but there were there and made a nice combination with the chili powder. I'd make them again.

Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything, Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

1 comment:

  1. I'm making these tonight! Your mom just told me about this site I love it!

    ReplyDelete