What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Monday, May 21, 2012

Bell Pepper Chicken

Ingredients: they're all approximate as I was just throwing things in as I went along
2 chicken breasts, thawed
1 can cream of chicken soup
1-2 t. chicken bouillon
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
5-6 shakes of hot sauce
up to 1/4 c. sour cream
1/2 to 1 c. water
1/2 each red, orange, yellow, and green bell peppers, sliced
rice

Recipe: 
1. Mix soup, sour cream, garlic, water, bouillon, hot sauce and garlic together. Add chicken and bring to a boil.
2. Boil for a 5-10 minutes. Simmer chicken until cooked through. The mixture should be somewhat runny, so add more water if needed.
3. With 5-10 minutes left, add pepper slices to chicken mixture until tender.
4. Serve over hot rice.

Rating: 4 of 5
So, for a throw-in dinner, this turned out really well. It reminded me a little bit of jambalaya. It has great flavor, but very little heat. It's great over rice, but I think it'd be good over quinoa, too. I'd definitely make this one again.

Source: my own

No comments:

Post a Comment