What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Friday, May 11, 2012

Watermelon Sorbet

Ingredients:
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. water
6-7 cups fresh seedless watermelon chunks
3 T. fresh lime juice (approximately 3 1/2 medium-sized limes)

Recipe:
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved (do NOT stir). Place in a bowl to completely cool.
3. Put the watermelon chunks and the lime into a blender or food processor. Pulse about 20 times to chop the melon and then process until the watermelon is completely pureed.
4. Press the watermelon through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds and any extra pulp.
5. Combine with the cooled sugar syrup. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Pour the watermelon mixture into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker.
7. Mix until the sorbet has thickened, approximately 25-35 minutes. The sorbet will have soft serve texture. You can enjoy right away or put the sorbet into an airtight container and place in the freezer until firm for about 2 hours.

Rating: 1 of 5
In theory, this would have tasted great! But, for whatever reason, the mixture would just not set up! So, I ended up having sugary watermelon tasting juice stuff. So disappointed. Gonna have to figure out what went wrong, because it would have been sooooo tasty. Especially since the recent lactose intolerance thing has really been causing problems with dessert. I just hated the fact that I lost so much of a really, really good watermelon this week :(

Source: A Sweet Pea Chef, Watermelon Sorbet

No comments:

Post a Comment