What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Easy No Bake Cookies

Ingredients:
2 c. sugar
2 T. butter or shortening
2 T. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. vanilla
3/4 c. peanut butter
2 c. quick uncooked oatmeal *

*I actually thought mine needed 2 1/2, so that's what I did.

Recipe:
1. Mix sugar, butter, cocoa, and milk. Bring to a boil.
2. Remove cocoa mixture from head and add salt, vanilla, and peanut butter.
3. Mix well until peanut butter is dissolved. Add in oatmeal and mix.
4. Drop from spoon onto wax or foil paper. Let cool before eating.

Rating: 4.5 of 5
I'm a sucker for no bakes. They're "gorilla poop" in my mind and they remind me of my cousin Becca. Not sure why....maybe she introduced me to them? Or maybe it's because we would laugh too hard over a silly cookie name.....or maybe because we ate a lot at a time. I dunno. So delicious. A good balance of chocolate and peanut butter. 

Source: Six Sisters' Stuff, Easy No Bake Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment