What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Southern Fried Chicken

Ingredients:
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. seasoned salt
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. onion powder
1 T. coarse ground black pepper
Milk mixture: ** I halved this part**
2 eggs
4 c. buttermilk
1 c. barbecue sauce
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. steak sauce

3 lbs. chicken, cut into pieces
2 c. oil, for frying

Recipe:
1. In a large shallow dish, mix together flour, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
2. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in buttermilk, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and steak sauce.
3. Dredge chicken in milk mixture, then in seasoned flour, alternating in each at least twice.* Heat oil in a large, deep-sided skillet to 375 degrees F.
4. Cook chicken in hot oil until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes each side.
5. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Place in 200 degree preheated oven to keep warm while remaining chicken is cooked.

*Forgot to do that at least twice!

Rating: 4.5 of 5
I love fried chicken, but the one thing that I don't like about fried chicken is that it usually is bone meat. But, with this recipe I just used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and it was great! You can actually taste the Worcestershire and steak sauce just a little tiny bit. We liked this recipe and the kids ate it as well. Not that I'd make this one a ton since it is fried, but it was worth it!

Source: Allrecipes.com, A Southern Fried Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment