What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Garlic Bread Seasoning


Ingredients:
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
2 t. Kosher salt
2 T. garlic powder
2 t. oregano
2 t. basil
2 t. marjoram*
2 t. parsley

* I actually don't have any marjoram! I'm kind of curious as to how that is considering I have several recipes that call for it and I've made them all! Well, today I went without.

Recipe:
1. Combine ingredients in a jar (preferably one with a sprinkle top) and shake well.
2. Sprinkle on top of breadsticks or combine 1 1/2 T. seasoning with 1/2 c. softened real butter and spread on a loaf of French bread (cut in 1/2 lengthwise).
3. Wrap in foil and bake at 375 until butter's melted. If you want, you could also pop it open-faced under the broiler for a few minutes so it gets brownish and crispy.

Rating: 4 of 5
The first time I had this was at Emily's and it was amazing. I think Brian snatched the last piece that night, and admittedly, I was pretty bummed. Once again, pretty much all recipes from OurBestBites.com are the bomb! One thing I like about this recipe is that it makes enough for later. I don't have to make a new seasoning for garlic bread every time I want it! It would probably be delicious with Amy Merrill's Breadsticks (which I realized I don't have that recipe up here, so I'm gonna have to make them and introduce you all to the magical-ness of her breadsticks).

No comments:

Post a Comment