What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baked Ziti


Ingredients:
1 lb. dry ziti pasta
1 onion, chopped
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 (26 oz) jars spaghetti sauce *
6 oz provolone cheese, sliced
1 1/2 c. sour cream
6 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
* I say use your favorite kind of sauce. Tonight we had meat flavored.
Recipe:
1. Cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat.
3. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
5. Layer as follows: half of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, half of the sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese, and remaining sauce mixture. Top with Pramesan cheese. *
6. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheesees are melted.
* Haha....as if I did that. I just started throwing things in and mixing it around. It turned out great. Actually the mozzarella and Parmesan ended up as the top layer and was really good.
Rating: 4 of 5
This was basically a ziti version of lasagna. We like noodles and we love cheese in this family. So, that basically hit the spot.
Source: Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment