What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Monday, March 14, 2011

Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches



Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts *

1 1/2 bottles of barbecue sauce **

bread rolls ***

mozzarella cheese, shredded

* I used frozen chicken.

** I used honey barbecue. It's my favorite.

*** I made homemade rolls found here.


Recipe:

1. Place chicken in crockpot. Pour sauce on top.

2. Place on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8. *

3. Shred chicken, if desired.

4. Place in rolls and top with cheese.

* Because I had put my chicken in frozen I placed it on high for 3ish hours, shredded the chicken, then placed it on low for another 2-3 hours.


Rating: 4 of 5

The chicken was so tender! We really, really liked this recipe. So simple. So good. So cheap. Because the bread was homemade and fresh out of the oven, it added a melt-in-your-mouth goodness to the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment