What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Monday, March 14, 2011

White Bread Rolls

Ingredients: ** To be layered in the order listed.**
1 c. water
2 T. oil
2 T. sugar
1 1/2 t. salt
3 c. bread flour
2 1/4 t. yeast
Recipe: **This is a bread machine recipe, although it can be adapted to handmade as well.**
1. After putting the ingredients into machine select the DOUGH setting.
2. Remove the dough from the machine. Punch down.
3. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Round into smooth balls. *
4. Place in a greased muffin pan. Cover; let rise in warm place until about double, 25-30 minutes. **
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from muffin pan; cool.
* Because I was making these rolls for sandwiches I just divided the dough into 8 equal parts. It didn't effect cooking time.
** I actually just placed them in a 9x13 baking dish instead.
Rating: 4 of 5
We thought these rolls were super good. Soft, delicious. What else do you say about bread?
Source: Magic Chef Automatic Breadmaker Recipe Guide, pg. 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment