What have I cooked?

This blog is where I like to put to recipes that I have tried, know, and haven't tried. Sometimes I try so many new recipes that I can't remember if I've tried them and what they tasted like. Therefore, this blog documents my cooking adventures so that I can keep sane in the kitchen. (If it has a source, then I've linked back to it.)

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Creamy Tomatillo Dressing ~ Cafe Rio Style: Take 2



A few months back we tried to make Cafe Rio's famous "house" dressing. It was pretty good, but not quite there. So, here is a different recipe attempting to catch the same flavor as Rio's. Also, this version is was less labor intensive....not that there is that much to do when making a dressing, though.



Ingredients:
1 pkg. dry Ranch Dressing
3 T. salsa verde
1/8 t. Tabasco
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 c. mayonnaise
3/4 c. sour cream
1/2 grated lime peel and juice, to taste



Recipe:
1. Blend above ingredients in blender. Thin with milk if needed.



Rating: 4.75 of 5
I actually think this comes pretty darn close. I think it probably would have been spot on if I hadn't added as much lime juice as I did. I haven't had it on the salad yet, so it might taste more like it when all is added together. Either way, it's good. This one looks more like Rio's than the other recipe.
Source: Our ward's RS. I don't know where they got it from though.

No comments:

Post a Comment